Out in full force
What a weekend! DC was buzzing with energy. First of all, this was hands down the nicest weekend we’ve had yet: mid-70’s with a slight breeze. Locals would have been outside anyway, but there were a tons of events that brought people from all over:
- The National Marathon took over the Mall and Capitol Hill on Saturday
- The National March on Washington took over downtown, also on Saturday
- The Immigration March on Sunday had a huge turnout
- The area was swarming with Spring Break School Trippers
- Congress worked through the weekend on Health Care Reform, drawing continued Tea Party protests by the Capitol
We had a great time with my brother, although we’re a bit sun-burned and our feet ache. Thankfully the only thing he stenciled was poster board.